Out & Back: High-end aerobic run.
Choose an out and back course of similar difficulty each way or
slightly faster on the home journey.
- Warm-up briefly.
- Run at a comfortably fast pace.
- Take your split at half way and the final time at the finish.
- Compare the times for each half.
Attempt to run even pace or negative
splits (second half faster).
- Starting out too fast and having to
- Maintaining too high a heart rate to
sustain your pace and becoming anaerobic.
- Running too slowly at the beginning
so that the split for the second half of the run is more than 10%
faster than the first.